- Assistant Professor
- 303B Scoates Hall
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S., North Carolina A&T State University – Greensboro, Bio-Environmental Engineering, 2006
- Graduate Education
- M.S.A.B.E., Purdue University – West Lafayette, Agricultural and Biological Engineering, 2009
- Ph.D., Purdue University – West Lafayette, Agricultural and Biological Engineering, 2015
Post-harvest treatment technologies, bioprocess engineering, biomass valorization, shelf-life preservation, mycotoxins, food safety, agricultural biosecurity, agricultural terrorism risk assessment, storage and packaging methods, design based research, innovative instructional strategies for teaching engineering
- Moore, J.M., Ileleji, K.E., Keener, K., 2020. Factors that affect high voltage atmospheric cold plasma treatment efficacy on wet distillers’ grains: Shelf-life and nutrient composition. Journal of Cereal Science, 103034. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcs.2020.103034
- Sharifan, H.*, Moore, J.1, Ma, X.1, 2020. Zinc oxide (ZnO) nanoparticles elevated iron and copper contents and mitigated the bioavailability of lead and cadmium in different leafy greens. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 191, 110177. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2020.110177
- Sharifan, H.*, Ma, X.1, Habib, M.*, Evans, C.*, Moore, J.1, 2019. Zinc oxide nanoparticles alleviated the bioavailabilty of cadmium and lead and changed the uptake of iron in hydroponically grown lettuce (Lactuca sativa L. var. Longifolia). ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 7, 16401. https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b03531
- McClurkin, J.D., Ileleji, K., Keener, K., 2017. The effect of high-voltage atmospheric cold plasma treatment on the shelf-life of distillers wet grains. Food and Bioprocess Technology, 10, 1431-1440.
- McClurkin, J., Ileleji, K., 2015. The effect of storage temperature and percentage of condensed distillers solubles on the shelf-life of distillers wet grains stored aerobically. Journal of Stored Product Research, 62, 58-64.