- Senior Lecturer
- 101 Cater-Mattil
- Undergraduate Education
- B.A. in English, Texas A&M University at College Station, 1992
- B.S. in Nutritional Sciences, Texas A&M University at College Station, 1995
- Graduate Education
- M.S. in Nutrition, Texas A&M University, College Station, 2002
- Dietetic Internship, Texas A&M University Health Science Center, Temple, TX, 1998
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 211: Scientific Principles of Food
- NUTR 404: Nutritional Assessment and Planning
- NUTR 430: Community Nutrition
- NUTR 481: Nutrition Seminar
- NUTR 202: Fundamentals of Human Nutrition
Prior to joining the nutrition faculty at Texas A&M University (TAMU), Ms. Lorenz worked for five years in applied dietetics with experiences in nutrition consulting in long-term care facilities and outpatient pediatric nutrition education. She is a professional member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (the Academy) and Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with past memberships in the Dietetic Educators of Practitioners, Public Health/Community Nutrition, Hunger and Environmental DPG, and Food & Culinary Professionals dietetics practice groups. She is a past Legislative chair and Secretary for the Mid-East Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Related positions include currently serving as a faculty advisor for the student-led Nutrition and Dietetic Association at TAMU.
She has delivered professional presentations at the annual Academy Food & Nutrition Conference, as well as collaborating with dietetic professionals to present culinary-based nutrition education demonstrations. Honors include the 2010 Texas Dietetic Association Outstanding Dietetic Educator Award (DPD).