- Lecturer, Dietetic Internship Director
- 100 Cater-Mattil
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S. in Computer Science, Oklahoma State University, 1986
- Graduate Education
- M.S. in Nutrition, Texas Woman’s University, 1998
- TWU-Denton Dietetic Internship, 1997
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 202: Fund. of Human Nutrition
- NUTR 404: Nutrition Assessment & Planning
- NUTR 481: Nutrition Seminar
Ms. Geismar has ten years of clinical experience working with the hospitalized population, particularly the acutely, critically ill patient. She is a Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC) which focuses on the care of patients who have specialized nutritional needs, and was most recently employed as a nutrition support dietitian for a trauma intensive care unit (ICU) before moving to the College Station/Bryan area. Other areas of clinical experience include neonatal ICU, medical ICU, and HIV/AIDS.
She is a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the Mid-East Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (METAND), Dietitians in Nutrition Support Dietetic Practice Group, Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group, Dietetic Educators of Practitioners Council, and the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. She served as treasurer for the Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation and co-chair for the update of the Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics MNT Manual.
- Allred C, Geismar K, Turner N. Nutrition: Real People, Real Choices. 3rd ed. St. Louis, MO: Kendall-Hunt; expected data of publication August 2015.
- Geismar K. Nutrition and the Immune Function. In: Grota P., ed. APIC Text of Infection Control and Epidemiology. 4th ed. Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology; 2014: online.
- Geismar K. Potential Health Benefits of Resveratrol: Cancer and Caloric Restriction. Wellness/CV Connection. 2010; 2(3): 3-4.
- Geismar K. Potential Health Benefits of Resveratrol. Wellness/CV Connection. 2010; 2(2): 3-4.
- Update of the chapter “Nutrition Care in HIV Infections and AIDS” for the TDA Medical Nutrition Therapy Manual