- Senior Lecturer & Didactic Program Director
- 102 Cater-Mattil
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S. in Food Science Technology, TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY - COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS, 1986
- Graduate Education
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) Accredited Dietetic Internship, HOUSTON VETERAN AFFAIRS MEDICAL CENTER - HOUSTON, TEXAS, 1990
- M.S. in Nutritional Science, TEXAS WOMAN'S UNIVERSITY - HOUSTON, TEXAS, 1990
- Ph.D. in Nutrition , TEXAS WOMAN'S UNIVERSITY - Denton, TEXAS
- 2013-Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Outstanding Dietitian
- 2010-Texas A&M University Mentoring Award, Department of Nutrition and Food Science
- 2004-Texas Dietetic Association Dietetic Educator of the Year
- 2003-Fish Camp Namesake, Texas A&M University
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 210/FSTC 210: Horizons in Nutrition and Food Science
- NUTR 211: Scientific Principles of Food
- NUTR 304: Food Service Mgmt
Karen Beathard, MS,RD,LD,FAND is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Nutrition and Food Science and manages the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic Program in Dietetics at Texas A&M University. She also has applied industry experience with emphasis in food service management, clinical dietetics and private consultation.
Mrs. Beathard is a professional member and volunteer for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (The Academy), Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Texas Academy), Texas Academy Foundation, Mid-East Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (METAND), Foodservice Systems Management Education Council, and Behavioral Health Nutrition, Management in Food and Nutritional Systems, Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP), and Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group. She currently serves as a METAND Legislative Co-Chair and Academy Delegate for the Texas Academy Affiliate. Past professional positions include Texas Academy President, Texas Academy Foundation Director, METAND President, and The Academy Foundation Fundraising Co-Chair. Other related positions include current faculty advisor for the Nutrition Dietetic Association, past faculty advisor for Texas Student Dietetic Association and past member of the Walker County American Heart Association Board of Directors.
Her community involvement includes co-facilitating a local eating disorder support group through St. Joseph Healthy Communities and serving on the College Station Independent School District Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC). She has also participated in the Epicures Thanksgiving Feast for the indigent, KBTX Canned Food Drive, American Heart Association Heart Walk, Relay for Life, and Walk Across Texas Program. Mrs. Beathard has received many honors including the 2013 Texas Academy Outstanding Dietitian of the Year, 2010 Department of Nutrition and Food Science Mentor Award, 2004 Texas Dietetic Association Dietetic Educator of the Year and Fish Camp Namesake at Texas A&M University in 2003.